Thursday 2 April 2015

Start Here: The Basics

Welcome to Lindsay's Barefoot Books website!

I am a Barefoot Books Ambassador and sell Barefoot Books in the Greater Toronto Area.  This blog is dedicated to sharing Barefoot Books' message of educating children as the caretakers of tomorrow through beautiful books and captivating story telling.

What is Barefoot Books?

Barefoot Books is an independent publisher with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Oxford, UK. They specialize in carefully crafted children’s books as well as a small selection of other related items.  For over twenty years, they have created bright, colorful books for children that combine beautiful artwork with captivating storytelling. Their books capture the imagination, spark curiosity, inspire creativity and instill a respect for cultural, social and ecological diversity. 

To learn about what makes Barefoot books different, check out my blog post here.

Why are you doing this?

I can count on one hand the number of companies who have the same values as I do.  Barefoot Books stand for education, curiosity, compassion, diversity, responsibility and sustainability.  So do I.  Once I discovered Barefoot Books, I felt compelled to work with them to spread the word.  I truly believe that if we teach our children these values from an early age, we will have reason to be much more optimistic about the future.

Read more about why I am a Barefoot Books Ambassador here.

Where can I find out more about Barefoot Books?

This blog post is a great place to start.  To find out more about what makes Barefoot books different, click here.

If there is something in particular you are looking for, check out my Blog Index for a quick way to navigate through my blog.

Additionally, feel free to visit the Barefoot Books website.

I'm interested!  What should I do from here?

There are a couple things you can do:
  1. You can contact me using the form on the right to set up a time to look at the books in person, or chat more about any of the activities below.
  2. You can purchase some Barefoot Books.  Check out my online marketplace and this blog post for details and tips for ordering.
  3. You can host a Barefoot Books fundraiser for your school, daycare or organization.  
Where can I find a comprehensive catalogue of all Barefoot Book products?

The full catalogue can be accessed here.  I can also provide a hard copy to you if you would like.  Just send me an email (colley.lindsay@gmail.com)

My online marketplace is also a good way to explore Barefoot Book products.  You can sort and filter the books by a number of categories including age and theme.  You can access my online marketplace here.

I'm a little overwhelmed.  How do I figure out which products are right for me?

In my online marketplace, you can search by age, subject and format, as well as get a list of award winners and best sellers.

You can also take a look at my Book Recommendations post, which shares with you some of my favourite books, as well as best sellers, sorted by age.  I also have a Top 5 "Must Own!" list.

Finally, you can always contact me using the form on the right, and I'll curate a list specifically for you and your needs :)

How do I get to touch and see the books?

There are many ways to see the books "live" - everything from me dropping a borrow bag off to your house, to you coming over for a visit! Take a look at this blog post for more details.

How much do Barefoot Books cost?

Each item is priced individually and range from approximately $6-$20 USD.  You can find the price of each item on my online marketplace.  However, take a look at my "Let's talk cost" blog post to find out how you can save money when ordering.

How do I place an order?

For details on placing an order, please visit this blog post.

How long does shipping take?

All Barefoot books are shipped from the US and usually take between 10-14 business days to arrive.  Sometimes the books will arrive within the week, but that cannot be guaranteed.  For more details on shipping costs, please visit my "How to place an order" blog post.

What if I have more questions?

Feel free to email me at colley.lindsay@gmail.com, or use the contact form on the right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment